Archive: November 2012
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
By Susan Wagner
- Sitting in a bad chair can harm you. If you sit in a chair that doesn’t support your back, it could contribute to back pain. According to Prevention Magazine, back pain sends more people to the doctor than any other condition besides the common cold.
- A new chair can make you more productive. It’s common sense that if you are made more comfortable, you are likely to stay longer and be happier. A study by Steelcase of those that used the Leap Chair and received office ergonomic training achieved up to a 17.8% increase in productivity. If you are more comfortable, you won’t need to get up from your desk as much, which will make you more focused on your tasks at hand and ultimately, more productive.
- An adjustable well-made ergonomic chair can be the right fit for you. The study of ergonomics is to make a mechanical object match the human action or movements and support them in that action or movement. So, if you have a well-made ergonomic chair that is matches your movements and support them, you will be more comfortable.
- It’s something you will use – unlike the ugly sweater you will never wear. Most people that have desk jobs work an average of 8 hours a day; that’s as much as the average person sleeps! So, if you’re going to be spending that much time doing an activity, doesn’t it make sense to invest in quality of your activity? And this activity is your livelihood, your work, your paycheck.
- It can be more comfortable. If you are getting up from your desk to stretch every hour or you realize the seat doesn’t adjust, you may be wasting your time being at work. If you’re going to be there, why be there if you’re not being productive?
- You can buy American-made office chairs. In a down economy, jobs and keeping manufacturing in America is on everyone’s mind. You can buy American-made chairs that are heavier, made from stronger materials, and may last longer than chairs made in other countries.
- Save the environment by buying a used office chair or refurbished chair. Often times, you can find used office chair that is in great condition for half the cost of new. And, you are saving the chair giving it a new purpose, to seat you and not to fill the landfill. You can give your old chair to a friend that it work better for or donate it to a charity that provides furniture for people that need it. Furniture Bank of Ohio accepts lightly used office furniture in Columbus, Ohio.
- Same day delivery and no installation needed. Many office furniture stores carry inventory of products, including Capital Choice Office Furniture, so that you can take the office chair home with you the same day. If you’re buying a used office chair, no assembly will be required.
- Better than New means high quality products. At Capital Choice Office Furniture only buys quality products that were kept in good condition. Often times, you won’t be able to tell our used office chairs from our new office chairs in our 42,000 sq. ft. showroom.
- Save your capital and have money left over on your year-end budget. Buying Better than New office chairs will save you 50-70% on the list prices of new office chairs.